Jun 13, 2016
Steel provides several advantages over other building materials, such as wood:
• Steel is a "green" product; it is structurally sound and manufactured to strict specifications and tolerances. It is also energy efficient. Any excess material is 100% recyclable.
• Steel does not easily warp, buckle, twist or bend, and is therefore easy to modify and offers design flexibility. Steel is also easy to install.
• Steel is cost effective and rarely fluctuates in price.
• Steel allows for improved quality of construction and less maintenance, while offering improved safety and resistance.
• With the propagation of mold and mildew in residential buildings, using steel minimizes these infestations. Mold needs moist, porous material to grow. Steel studs do not have those problems.